July hobby update and Warcry event!
July was a mixed bag of stuff :D
I did 10 Saurus these were for my burgeoning Seraphon army and also serve as nice lizard warrior folks for D&D
Did my own recipe of:
- Terradon Turqouise for most of the body
- 3:1 mix of Contrast Medium:Terradon Turquoise for the scales
- Black Templar on the weapon shafts and for the main scales down the from the head, down the back with highlights of
- Ulthuan Grey
- Leadbelcher over all the armour/weapons
- Gore grunta fur over all the armour/weapons
- Skeleton Horde over the teeth/claws
- Voluptous Pink over the tongue/inside mouth parts
I also did some Soulblight from the Cursed City boxset (which I hope to run this year), all based on the excellent Warhipster tutorials:
These are all based on Contrast paints and I basically followed these until the point where they start highighting using layer paints. This meant I was getting each model done in less than 2 hours, which is pretty good for me!
I made two other changes to their recipe:
- I did not do any of the black templar washes suggested.
- I did a ‘slapchop’ base coat of Mechanicus Standard Grey followed by a drybrush of Corax White.
This was how it looked as i was painting:
I did this because I felt the way I had base coated dropped back the colour enough compared to thhe Warhipsters grey seer base and that the black templar wash would knock back the vibrancy too much for me.
I booked my tickets to my first ever Warhammer event of any kind since I went to a Games Day back in 1998. I am pretty excited to try the new edition of Warcry at Warhammer World on November 29th. It will be my first tournament style event, ever! #nervous